It's New Year's eve - and I really don't care.
Tonight my thoughts are entirely with my parents, Kerry and John - be well, and may 2009 be better.
I have spoken with parents a few times today.... and this is what I have learned. Kerry responded with eye and hand movement to her nurse today. Her nurse (whom my parnets say is fabulous and very caring towards kerry) asked Kerry if she knew where she was...Kerry slowly shook her head no...the nurse asked if her pain was greater than 5 on a scale on 1-5 (she was asked to raise her thumb)...and Kerry raised her thumb. The RN spoke to her about her situation and then gave her enough medicine to help her be comfortable.
Kerry is holding good sats (O2 levels) on the respirator but is yet unable to breathe on her own. Her orthopod wants to repair her MANY broken bones soon, bur her pulmonologist (lung Dr) says no way - her respiratory system is way too unstable to take her to the OR yet...maybe next week. Recall then that Kerry is laying there with MANY broken ribs, a terribly broken arm, broken foot, broken shoulder.......
Her belly is finally taking NG (nasogastric) nutrition as it was rejecting it earlier - this is a tube in her nose to her belly for "food" - me thinks this does not include Starbucks and red wine...URGH!!!!!
My dad says she looks a wee bit better and that I should stop losing so much sleep - he is keeping a close watch on her care and she is in great hands.
The police report is still unfinished - there is so much legal work yet to be completed as this is a very complicated accident.
We are all very sad tonight, very sad.
Please keep Kerry and John (an my parents) in your thoughts as you raise your toasts tonight - I am off to bed before midnight tonight as I am so tired.
Thank you everyone - I (we) honestly appreciate your concern and good will. Happy...
Love, Kyla Elderton
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well Wishes for our Kerry & John
This site will be the repository for all of our thoughts and well wishes for Kerry & John during this time...

No comments:
Post a Comment