Monday, January 5, 2009

Note from Lynn to all

Forwarded from Kyla's email......

Cannot figure out how to post on your spot.  But I do want to say thank you many times over for all the notes and thoughts.  I look forward to them each night when I must tearfully say good bye to Kerry until next morning.  It is a 65 mile drive home so it is the end of a terribly difficult day for me.  She does have a trach now but she still cannot speak.  She talks to me very slowly mouthing what she wants to say but we cannot understand anything.  Today tears ran down her cheek and I saw her mouth say  mom, mom.  Unglued me again for the how many hundreds of time this week, not sure.  She is flat on her back with 3 tubes from her lungs, one up her nose for nutrition, many in her arms and the big one into neck for the ventilator. She is in such obvious pain and slips so peacefully into sleep when again the morphine is delivered.  I am tired and worn out feeling but staying here at their house is so much better than a motel up there.  The sadness goes deep into my heart, stomach and brain but I do so appreciate all the caring being sent our way.  I am so fortunate to have Marty and his medical knowledge on board with me.  His being there with me thru this is not to be understated.  Kerry has dear and loving friends here and like all of you, their calls here are so meaningful.  As of this sunday night, I am hanging in there with myh big box of kleenex in hand!!!!    Thank you all,    LYNN


No comments:

Well Wishes for our Kerry & John

This site will be the repository for all of our thoughts and well wishes for Kerry & John during this time...